Friday, May 27, 2011

One Hot Mama


I love shopping, especially when I have money to spend! I tend to take my time, try things on, find the good deals, and make sure I really want the item before heading over to the checkout counter. Of course, it's almost summer time and the weather is warming up. Well, in our part of the world it warms up one day and rains or snows the next three days. ANYWAY, the weather is looking nicer and the dress code at work is becoming more casual. This means: capris! I never used to like capris because of my pear shaped body, skinny, heavy, skinny, and I always thought, "Why would I want to show off my chicken legs?" Now they've made many varieties of capris so that I, and my chicken legs, can sport them and still look decent. The downfall to all of this? My hubby. Now that I work at a community college he has become more, how you say, paranoid?
His comments while we were shopping were:
*You look fat in those clothes.
*Why are you trying to buy those kinds of clothes for work?
*None of those things look good on you. Just use my clothes.
*Why don't you buy the big sweaters?
After ruining my whole shopping experience and day, we get home and SOMEONE wants to play nice. Needless to say, this put me over the top!
"What is your problem?!" I say in annoyance.
He says, "I don't want you looking amazing so that those college students will be checking you out. I don't want their eyeballs staring at you."
I'm dumbfounded at this point. At a loss for words.
"So, you think that insulting me will change anything?" I stumble on my words.
He says, "You are a beautiful woman with nice curves and I don't want to share that with anyone."
WOW! Great compliments. Great responses. But I'm still annoyed. Because all I hear in my head is, "You're too fat for those clothes." I'm trying to get past the negativity and remind myself that my hubby thinks I'm one hot mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment