Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Politics of it All

I'm not a political person. I do not understand politics, politicians, the art of politicizing (new word), or being political. I simply don't get it! I think I wear my heart on my sleeve and what you see is what you get. No games. No frills. No ulterior motives. Just plain ol' me. So politics and the art, thereof, are foreign to me. How can people play with other people's lives? Why would you fight a person and block laws and regulations that would actually HELP people simply because you belong to the opposing party? What's wrong with standing up for what you believe in and pushing through those laws and regulations for the sake of the "normal" people? Who cares what party you belong to as long as it benefits society as a whole? And why does YOUR pocketbook have to be large and in charge while the majority of the nation's is small and sometimes penniless? Why does a president get blamed for the state of the nation when things have been moving downhill at a fast pace for quite some time? And how can he fix it when he's blocked at every turn? I don't get it. I really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment