Friday, November 18, 2011

Being Thankful

I'm not hard to please. I'm not high maintenance. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty low key. Simple things in life give me joy. A good book. Chocolate. Samoan food. Football. See? I'm not a difficult or picky person. So when I received a $50 gift card to Smith's Grocery Store from my work, I was extremely happy. And thankful. In these troubled economic times, every little bit helps and this gift card is far from a "little bit". I can buy my turkey and ingredients for green bean casserole, banana cream pie, and my daughter's new dessert creation we've named 'Koko Moko' (it's a punch of chocolate in your mouth). I can't even begin to try to say, in words, how this gift card is a relief. It's like:
*a warm, sunny day in the middle of winter.

*hot tea and a snuggie on a cold, snowy night

*finding an extra box of granola bars in the cabinet hidden behind some cans of corn

*the house being cleaned BEFORE I get home from work

*all of the bills paid for the month and having money left over

My heart is light and my faith is strengthened. God is good! ALL THE TIME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment