Monday, March 2, 2020

It's a Fizzle Time of the Year

Do you ever have those days where you completely lack focus and motivation? I'm having more than just one day of it. Unfortunately. I'm burnt out. I'm tired. I have a few other things I wish I could be doing instead of what I'm supposed to do.

I wish I was on a warm, tropical beach with my toes in the sand, just staring out into the ocean. Listening to the sounds of the waves washing up against the shore. Birds talking to each other in the sky. The wind blowing. Tasting and smelling the salt in the air. Feeling utterly relaxed and content. It's in my blood. It's who I am. Warmth. Peace.

I wish I was working on my personal passion project for my Westside Leadership Institute class. I still need to catch up and write out my plans. And create something I can present to a school to start a literacy project. Because that sounds WAY more fun that what I'm supposed to be doing at work. Encouraging young minds to read? Yes, please!

I wish my anxiety would calm the hell down. My heart flutters have gotten worse these last few months. No bueno! I seriously need to get the heck out of Dodge! And get the heck somewhere warmer. I think I mentioned warmer before. Because I'm tired of being cold. And running my heater at work. And dressing in layers.

My 50-year celebration is starting to fizzle a little. Or maybe it's the calm before the party storm. Yeah, let's look at it that way. I'm just tired of people with higher degrees who have zero common sense. People who give impressionable young minds wrong information so these young college folks stress out about nothing, simply because the professor likes to talk out of his ass. Sorry, left field rant, coming right up!

Maybe I shouldn't be working right now. You know, back home people take a long break in between breakfast and lunch because it's too hot to work outside. As the aunties would say, "Le la!" Or in South American countries, it's called Siesta. I'm assuming my blog writing will now count as my siesta from work. Back at it, I must go.


Just an image of where I should be right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment